The perfect medical backpack to free your moves
Why choose a medical backpack rather than a doctor's or nurse's bag?
The great advantage of the medical backpack is of course to have your hands free. This makes it the favourite bag for doctors and nurses who have to travel to their patients by bicycle or other two-wheeled vehicles or who use public transport for their daily rounds. It is also the perfect medical bag for medical emergences or rescues who need to intervene quickly in an accident-prone environment.
Which medical backpack to choose? Our buying guide
Table of Contents
- Which medical backpack to choose? Our buying guide
- What capacity for your medical backpack?
- Access to content
- Inner compartmentalisation
- Wearing comfort
- What look for a medical backpack?
- Quality/price ratio
Today there is a wide range of medical backpacks in a variety of classic and contemporary designs. We have drawn up a list of criteria to consider in order to choose the one that is made for you and adapted to your practice as a doctor or nurse.
1. The capacity of your medical backpack
2. Access to the contents: type of closure, position and number
3. Interior storage: compartmentalization, storage pockets, isothermal pockets, etc.
4. Comfortable to wear: quality and ergonomics of the shoulder straps, padded backrest, possibility to fix it on a trolley case...
5. Design and style: urban, sporty, classic or colourful
6. Sustainability and value for money
7. Manufacturing and quality label
8. Material and waterproofing
What capacity for your medical backpack?
There are different sizes of medical backpacks:
Size S to M
Size M or L
Size M, L or XL
Small XS or S medical backpack
- The small XS or S medical backpack which is equivalent to a first aid medical kit is ideal for holidays, excursions, walks to keep on hand at home or in the boot of your car.
Arsenal small first aid backpack
Professional medical backpack
- The professional medical backpack: it is used by health professionals who need a real medical bag to rescue or give care. The advantage of the medical backpack is the freedom of movement it provides. You will always have your hands free; it is perfect for travelling by tram, train or bus, as well as for pedestrian traffic.
There are 2 main categories:
- the medical backpack for nurses with an average capacity equivalent to a nursing case.
- the first-aid backpack for emergency doctors or nurses with a medium to large capacity.
Nurse medical backpacks equivalent to a nursing case:
Medical first aid backpack for emergency doctors or first aid physicians
Access to content
Most medical backpacks have zips. They must be strong and of high quality because they are often and daily used. KYC closures are quality closures.
In addition, the contents of the bag must be easily accessible. Does the backpack have side openings? At the back? To access the bottom of the bag?
Which inner compartmentalisation for a medical backpack?
Medical backpacks have variable internal compartments depending on the brand and model:
- fixed compartmentalisation for some
- modular compartments with velcro dividers for further compartments
- presence of extractable, semi-opaque, isothermal storages or pockets...
- net compartments, ribbons...
All medical or first aid equipment (needles, syringes, catheters, dressings, bandages, cotton...) as well as medical instruments (thermometer, tensiometer, stethoscope, scissors, forceps) must find their dedicated place to enable you to act quickly in emergency situations or during your routine homecare.
To illustrate, here, are a few examples of the internal compartmentalisation of medical or nursing backpacks:
Choose comfort with upholstered backrest and ergonomic shoulder straps. The medical backpack distributes the load over your entire body, unlike a medical case that is carried over the shoulder.
What look for a medical backpack?
There are different looks on the medical bag market and we are happy about that.
- The urban look: with a medical backpack that blends in with a city backpack, casual style. This is the perfect medical backpack for the liberal nurse who works in the city and/or travels on bike or motorbike.
- With a medical backpack that blends in with a city backpack, casual style. This is the perfect medical backpack for the liberal nurse who works in the city and/or travels on bike or motorbike.
- With a medical backpack that blends in with a city backpack, casual style. This is the perfect medical backpack for liberal nurses who work in the city and/or travel on on bike or motorbike.
- The sporty look: with a medical backpack that blends in with a sports backpack. It is a medical backpack that is also suitable for liberal nurses who work in the city and/or travel on on bike or motorbike.
Military or hiker look
with a medical backpack in military green canvas.
- Flashy to be seen and recognised, the first-aid medical backpacks immediately flies the flag, the one of the emergency ...
Made of resistant syntetic fabrics, they are of good quality. Your attention should be focused on the quality of the seams and zips.
Taking a brand known or certified by the EU medical industry is a way to invest in a medical backpack that is not only more expensive but also more solid and durable.
Favour waterproof fabrics that will protect the contents of the bag in all seasons and in all weathers.